About Fortrose Academy

1/8
Where are we?

Contact us at:-

 

Fortrose Academy

Academy Street

Fortrose

IV10 8TW

 

01381 620310

 

There has been a school at Chanonry, associated with the ecclesiastical establishment at Rosemarkie, and later in Fortrose, since the early medieval period but the Academy itself dates from 1791 and the school celebrated its bicentenary in June 1991.  The earliest part of the present school was erected in 1891 but little now remains of the original part of the present building apart from the clock tower.   Extensions were built in 1966 and 1973, with August 2002 seeing our move to a very significant new extension with a library and theatre. Over the years Fortrose Academy has mirrored the life of the community it serves and it has produced many pupils who have made valuable contributions to society in general.

Powerpoints by some S3 pupils with more information about our school.